Setting a goal is easy. Following through is the challenge. Consider this commitment training! Please join my Monthly Challenge group & experience the benefits, motivation and progress of committing yourself to a small physical and nutritional goal each month that accumulates day by day into a huge accomplishment by month’s end!
FITNESS CHALLENGE: DIPS!
Explanation & Rules:
- After a month of walking/jogging/running/sprinting a mile a day, let’s give the legs a rest, allow the heart rate to drop and work those arms!
- Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is: Perform 3 sets of either 10, 15 or 20 reps per day with no more than 2 min of rest between sets!
- Choose and stick with a # of reps. If you feel you’re getting stronger throughout the month, shorten your rest time rather than up your reps! Also, ensure you have PERFECT form!
- When you’ve completed your sets for the day, post to the Facebook page and let us know!
HOW TO DO A DIP:
With a bench or chair: (Be sure it is stable!)
- Place your hands on both sides of the bench just outside your hips. Your palms should be down, fingertips pointing towards the floor.
- Your knees can be bent (easier) or stretched out straight (more advanced).
- Without moving your legs, bring your glutes forward off the bench.
- Steadily lower yourself toward the floor.
- When your elbows form 90˚ angles, push yourself back up by extending your arms.
Without a bench or chair:
- Start in a seated position with your feet flexed in front of you and your heels touching the floor.
- Place your hands underneath your shoulders so that your fingertips point towards your hips and your elbows point behind you.
- Lift your hips 9-12 inches off the floor. Your shoulders should be directly over top of your wrists.
- Bend your elbows directly behind you as you your hips come closer to the floor (as a result of the elbow bend).
- Immediately straighten the elbows to return to the starting position.
Please feel free to email Jaime with any questions, comments or concerns! Thanks for accepting the challenge & remember, YOU GOT THIS!
**Please pay attention to your body! If you feel any discomfort or pain during exercise, stop immediately.These exercises are recommendations only and are performed at your own risk. Please consult a doctor if necessary before you begin doing dips!**