February is the month of love. Often times, though, we focus our energy on the one(s) we love, rather than ourselves. This February, I challenge you to focus on YOU! You know, as they say, you can’t love another until you love yourself. Here’s how:
1) Stay rested — sleep is so important to your overall health & wellness. Turn off the TV, the computer, your mind and get to bed! You’ll thank me in the morning!
2) Pamper yourself — or in other words, treat yo self! A bath, a book, your favorite coffee drink… Because you deserve it!
3) Move your body– the benefits of physical activity are endless. Don’t pressure yourself with long, sweat sessions at the gym. Simply go for a walk around the block, hike a local park, or a 30 min bodyweight workout. You’ll feel better immediately!
4) Make your health your priority — pay attention to the foods you put into your body. When was the last time you saw your doctor? Are you still drinking soda or smoking? Feeling pain somewhere? Get it checked out. Your health is your wealth!
5) Give yourself a compliment — we’re always our worst critic, you know, that voice in your head. Change it’s tune this month and tell yourself how AMAZING you are!
6) Do something nice for someone else — when you do good for others, the recipients of your kindness aren’t the only ones reaping the benefits. There are a ton of perks in it for you, too!