- Stop doing so much cardio! Forget hours on the treadmill or elliptical! Short bursts of high-intensity exercises (also known as HIIT) has been shown to burn fat, and lots of it.
- Switch up whatever exercise you are doing! Our bodies are incredible at adapting. Think about playing with tempo, resistance, or duration or try a new activity like a spin or dance class.
- Make sure your workouts actually make you work! Your workouts should challenge you. Step out of your comfort zone That’s were you’ll find results!
- Step OFF the scale! This number can be deceiving, and defeating. Results don’t always equal weight loss. Find other, more motivating ways to track your results and progress.
- Make sure you actually LIKE what you’re doing! Find something you enjoy, at your current fitness level, then go for it.
- Get massages regularly! Massages enhance your recovery, your performance, and decrease your chance of an injury. It’s also a sweet reward for hard work.
- Stop beating yourself up! Focus on what you DID do, rather than what you didn’t, then keep going. We’re not perfect. We make mistakes, we slip up but true defeat is when you give up.
- Know if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Beware of trainers, gyms or pills that promise results in X amount of days! Can you drop a size in a couple weeks? Sure. But will it last? Probably not. Lasting results come with change of habits.